Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay vs. Sobe Botanicals

I'm vegan, so when the discovery that Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer potion was not vegan surfaced, I looked for an alternative.  Someone recommended Sobe Botanicals to me.  I love the Sobe primer potion and I have used it for a number of sideshow gigs.  However, even though I bought vegan eyeshadow from Urban Decay, they still sent me a sample of their non-vegan primer.

A night of boredom and possibly creative insanity gave me an idea.  How about a test to see which stands the test of time?  Or rather, the test of sleep.

Urban Decay claims that their primer potion will hold up for 24 hours.  Sobe Botanicals makes no such claims, but I thought it'd be nice to see how well it does.


 I put Sobe on my left eye and Urban Decay on my right.  As you can see, Sobe had left my eyeshadow a little brighter than Urban Decay.  (Please excuse my faded pink hair and my mess of eyebrows.)

After about five hours of sleep, this is the result.
Urban Decay left no creases in my eyeshadow and it looks relatively the same after five hours of tossing and turning in bed.  Sobe Botanicals, however, has creases, but is still bright.

Because Sobe Botanicals is the vegan option (and mineral/natural option), I would still take it over Urban Decay until I found something vegan and more durable.  But it sure would be nice if Urban Decay would find a way to keep the awesomeness of their primer and make it vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...